Terms and conditions: Cities at Dawn Limited Photography Workshops
– Participants on all workshops should be aged 18 or over.
– In order to get the most from our workshops, you should ensure you arrive promptly and attend each session in full.
– Whilst our workshop activities shall impose no problems for people of any age in normal physical health, we should like to point out that we that the majority of activities on our workshops require extensive walking through city streets and up and down stairs. Therefore our workshops are not suitable for clients of greatly impaired mobility.
– To book a non-UK based workshop – a non-refundable deposit is required of the amount stated on each workshop description. The deposit is required to secure your place on the workshop. No workshop places will be reserved without a deposit. You will receive a booking form after paying the deposit which needs to be filled out and returned to Cities at Dawn Limited, 42-43 Lower Marsh, London SE1 7RG
– The balance of the workshop price is due 12 weeks prior to the start date of the workshop. If we do not receive the balance of payment 12 weeks prior to the workshop start date we will treat the booking as cancelled and reserve the right to retain the deposit. If a booking for a workshop is made 12 weeks or less before the workshop start date the full amount of the workshop price is due at the time of booking to secure a space.
– Workshop cancellation should be made in writing to Cities at Dawn Limited, either by email or by letter. We will cancel the workshop booking on the day we receive the letter or email. It is your responsibility to check with Cities at Dawn Limited that we have received your communication. The cancellation fee will be 100% of deposit amount, in addition if the cancellation is received within 90 days of the workshop start date, additional cancellation charges will apply, as follows:
90 – 61 days before departure 50% of the workshop cost;
60 days or less before departure 100% of the workshop cost.
– For all non-UK based workshops, you will receive confirmation of your booking in writing, by letter or email. The receipt of a deposit does not constitute our acceptance of a booking; we will confirm all bookings in writing. Once we send out your confirmation letter please note that a contract will then come into existence between us.
– Cities at Dawn Limited reserves the right to alter or cancel any workshop. Should an alteration or cancellation become necessary, you will then have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative workshop (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference), or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a refund of all monies paid to Cities at Dawn Limited.
– For the avoidance of doubt, as Cities at Dawn Limited is not party to any travel bookings you make yourself and has received no payment for the same, we will not refund the costs of your travel in the event of workshop cancellation.
– If we do not receive the minimum number of bookings that are required to run the workshop, called Underbooking, and we have to cancel the workshop for this reason, we will not do so less than 30 days before the workshop start date. Force majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions.
IN THE EVENT OF WORKSHOP CANCELLATION
– If in the event of illness or other circumstances under our control our workshop tutor is unable to run the workshop we will provide a suitable replacement tutor. If this is not possible and the workshop is cancelled we will refund the fee paid to Cities at Dawn Limited for the workshop.
TRANSPORTATION, REQUESTS, WORKSHOP CONTENT ETC.
– We reserve the right to change any of the prices, service or other particulars contained in this at any time before we enter into contract with you. If there is any change, we will notify you before we enter into such contract.
– If you have special dietary or other requests, you should inform us of these prior to departure. We will advise the relevant supplier of your requirements, but we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met, and will have no liability to you if such requests are not met.
– All transportation including trains, flights and transfers to your hotel are the responsibility of the workshop participant. Anthony Epes Photography will advise you on the transport options. It is the responsibility of the participant to book and pay for the transport and to arrive at the destination in time for the start of the workshop.
– On the workshop if your conduct is deemed unacceptable by Cities at Dawn Limited workshop leader’s opinion we reserve the right to request that you leave the workshop. No refund of fees will be made.
– The activities of the workshops that are detailed on our website and communications must be taken as a guide to the activities that will be taking place on our workshops. Given this is a workshop aimed at creative pursuits the workshop leader reserves the right to change any part of the workshop activities. We require flexibility to change arrangements and activities and will provide alternatives. Therefore the workshop description must be taken as an indication of the workshop activities, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of the company.
– Cities at Dawn Limited does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the workshop participant.
– Cities at Dawn Limited accepts responsibility for acts and /or omissions of its employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Cities at Dawn Limited does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the booking form, unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission of the Cities at Dawn Limited’s employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Any claims shall be subject to English law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the English courts.
– We advise you to book full cover travel insurance.
– Should you wish to make a complaint about a perceived failure of the workshop of the contract – do so immediately with the workshop leader. This will allow the workshop leader the opportunity to find a satisfactory solution. If this is not possible please make any complaints to Cities at Dawn Limited in writing within 30 days of the end of your workshop.
– All workshop participants must take out the necessary and appropriate travel insurance before the start of the workshop. This applies to any workshop run by Cities at Dawn Limited, whether here or abroad. Given this is a photography workshop the insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the workshop (whether in whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs (for overseas workshops), loss of baggage and personal money and belongings and flight cancellations and delays.
PASSPORT & VISAS
– All workshop participants must be in possession on a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates, including medical certificates required for the whole of the journey and the client accepts responsibility for obtaining the same. All information and advice given by us on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment etc is given in good faith.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
– Cities at Dawn Limited cannot be made liable for the consequences of weather conditions, flight cancellations, strikes, lost luggage, industrial action, wars, riots, sickness, quarantine, government intervention or other untoward occurrences. Any additional costs that result, such as extra hotel accommodation or flights, will be your responsibility and must be paid for at the time. Depending on the circumstances, such costs may be recoverable under your insurance.
– If we are unable to provide a significant proportion of the workshop you have booked we will make alternative arrangements for you at no extra charge. If we are unable to do that we will offer you a pro-rata refund on your workshop and if appropriate, compensation.
– By signing the booking form you are agreeing to all of the conditions stated above. Each individual booked onto the workshops must fill out and sign their own individual booking form. If a booking form is signed on behalf of an individual all names are bound by the above booking conditions.
– This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the parties agree that the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to this agreement.