Naples & the Amalfi coast: April 12th - 16th 2017
“Italy is a dream that keeps returning for the rest of your life” Anna Akhmatova
Join photographer Anthony Epes for a trip through one of the world’s most beautiful stretches of coast. Taking in beautiful cliff-side towns, breathtaking beaches and the wild city of Naples.
Workshop fee £997 + accommodation £250. See below for full details.
This spectacular five-day workshop offers photographers the chance to learn creative and technical skills that will transform your images. Through a series of workshops with renowned photographer Anthony Epes, you’ll learn new skills while creating a personal portfolio to be proud of.
It’s an exhilarating experience going through your photos after a trip. It’s great editing and processing, sharing and printing them. But really my favourite part of it, though, is reliving the experience of taking the photos. I love remembering where I was, what I was feeling, as I was taking each image.
I love to smell the air of somewhere new, to feel a different intensity of sun on my skin, to see how people live over there, to hear the noises of a different world, the colours of a different city, to be completely immersed in the unknown (nothing like the exhilaration of not knowing).
Photography for me is making yourself open and available to every human experience. Being there, bearing witness. Standing and having the discipline to pay attention, because yes, it does take discipline, and we don’t cultivate that kind of patience in modern life. We’re so used to instant gratification and so used to skating on the surface of life that we don’t dive deep into things.
One particular thing I want to do is to create spectacular memories, moments that have broken out of the sea of the day-to-day sameness that is so often life. Experiences have burned themselves into memory with such intensity that you can feel the texture of the moments, the feeling of the light, the sensations in your body as you moved around this new place.
To be completely wide open to see and to feel something brand new. So that when we return home there is something a little different within us, a new dimension to our soul.
I want to create *spectacular* memories and experiences for everyone around me too. And so I’m really excited that we are now launching this new workshop in one the most beautiful places on earth. We will photograph the wild city and historic city of Naples, before journeying down to the sumptuously stunning Amalfi coast, including it’s little towns of Sorrento and Positano. Italy is a spectacular country, full of vibrant nature and some of the most beautiful of towns and cities. How lucky that the world has Italy!
“I love the language, it sounds as if it should be writ on satin with syllables which breathe of the sweet South.” George Gordon Noel Byron
This trip will have a special focus on capturing dawn – when the usually busy towns and streets are peaceful and virtually empty, and the light is at it’s most beautiful. We will also be doing afternoon and evening walks – getting the best out the day, the light and the experience as possible.
You will finish this trip with your mind and body rejuvenated in the way that you are only after you’ve been intensely creative. You will spend time with passionate photographers like yourself, photograph the uniqueness of Amalfi Coast and Naples all under the warm rays of the Mediterranean sunshine, explore local life and meet a huge variety of interesting people.
Highlights of Naples and the Amalfi Coast
- Wild, chaotic, historical and compelling Naples
- Walking the coast, exploring and creating
- Beautiful perfection in the little towns of Sorrento and Positano
- Autumn – warms seas and beautiful autumnal food to eat (and less tourists!)
- History and stunning natural beauty
- Mountains, Mediterranean sea, little islands, great food….!
- Colour! And that very unique light of the Mediterranean
This five-day course will transform the way you look at potential subjects, as well as your approach to composition and lighting, and grasp of technical camera skills. This masterclass is intensely practical, shooting almost entirely out on location and it will include three dawn workshops, as well as afternoon and evening walks, 1-2-1 guidance and tuition, group demonstrations and daily feedback on your images.
The content of the course will be tailored to the experience and interests of individual members of the group, ensuring every attendee receives a personalised experience and develops as a photographer. The core of the course is as follows:
- Shooting on manual, and how creative exposures make the difference between a good shot and a great shot
- The art of creative compositions, and how they can make your photography stand out from the crowd
- The challenges of shooting in the changing light from dawn to dusk, and how to handle them
- Group image review – receive tailored feedback on your images and get ideas for your future development, with personal advice from Anthony Epes
- Spend time with a group of like-minded photographers, discussing photography, getting feedback and working together to improve your skills
- Immerse yourself in this beautiful city and find ways to capture your own vision
- A delicious complimentary welcome lunch in Naples from Anthony’s favourite restaurant in the city (he’s a foodie as well!)
12th April: 11am – workshop starts in Naples. Stay over night in Naples.
13th-16th April: Shooting the Amalfi Coast, staying around Postiano. Workshop ends just after lunchtime on Sunday 16th.
As this is a small group, this course is suitable for photographers at almost any level of experience. Anthony will tailor the workshop to suit each participant. All attendees will be required to bring a camera with a manual setting and a sturdy tripod. A laptop to process your images is also recommended, but not essential.
Workshop capacity: 6
Accommodation: The price includes one night hotel stay in Naples and then three nights in a private room in a shared apartment on the Amalfi Coast.
Workshop fee: £997 + £250 accomodation.
- The workshop fee includes a delicious welcome lunch and brunch on the final day of the workshop.
- Your ticket does not include accommodation or travel to the city. Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
Get in touch: If you have any questions / thoughts / queries please do give us a call or drop us an email. Ring Diana on 020- 7928 4128 or email@example.com.