September 22nd – 26th 2020
- 5 days / 4 nights
- Beautiful accommodation in a 4 star boutique hotel
- 1-2-1 before workshop with Anthony
- Delicious welcome lunch & farewell dinner
- Photo walks
- Photography tuition
Travel, Street, People and Urban Landscape
Founded by the Phoenicians in 734BC, fought over by the Carthaginians and the Greeks, and then part of the Roman Empire, Palermo has an ancient and fraught history.
All the cultures over these long centuries have left part of themselves behind where you can still see and feel their presence. It is part of what makes Palermo so enchanting and wonderful.
From Greek to Byzantine, Arab to Norman, the influences of these cultures have created a wonderfully lively and colorful, ancient and exciting city. And this is reflected in the wonderful food, architecture and art.
On this workshop I want to help you capture the spirit of Palermo with the eyes of an artist. We will wander through its back streets and visit grand villas and bustling and colourful street markets, beautiful Baroque churches, decadent palaces and squares scattered with majestic statues.
We will photograph the mystery and charm of the city as well as venturing out into the mountains to capture some of the ancient villages around the city. Places where it feels as though time has stopped.
Palermo is not just a historical wonder – but a vibrant modern and authentic city. It throbs with energy and Sicilian spirit, it takes pleasure in art, music and culture, and most of all, food.
We’ll photograph Palermo when it’s at its most beautiful – at first light as dawn breaks over the island, filling the skies with a wonder of colours, and as the sun settles at the end of the day.
I will teach you my methods and techniques on how to capture this city with the spirit of an artist. This workshop is personalised to you and how I can aide you to develop as a photographer/artist – whether you’ve just started taking photos or been enjoying photography for thirty years.
You will leave with a host of new photo skills that you can continue to use to create interesting and compelling images wherever you are – as well as a stunning portfolio of images capturing your vision of the city.
- Early bird fee: £2,237 per person (approx. $2,745 US / 2,452 Euros)
- Regular fee: £2,667 (approx. $3,720 US / 3,397 Euros)
Please check current exchange rates with your bank.
Partners are welcome to join, please contact us for more details.
4 – 8 Participants
Experience | Difficulty
- Beginner, amateur, hobbiest and semi-pro photographers
- DSLR, mirrorless and compact cameras
- Busy schedule
- Some free time allotted
- Lots of walking, slight elevation changes
Weather | Sun times
Temps 74F/23C average Sunrise 0814 | Sunset 1942
The workshop content will be tailored to the interests of members of the group, ensuring every attendee receives a personalised experience and progresses as a photographer. Skills we will be covering:
- Shooting on manual: technical advice on how to master the manual settings on your digital SLR camera
- Inspiring advice on how to improve your appreciation of the world and spot photo opportunities within it
- The art of creative composition, including the difference between a good shot and a great one
- The challenges of shooting in the changing light from dawn to dusk – and how to handle them
- Processing – we will do lots of processing together of your images, and I will share my techniques and approach to processing like an artist
- Activities / Highlights
- How to develop your own personal artistic vision of a location
- How to see like an artist, and bring emotion into your images
- I will teach you my methods for exploring a location to find subjects
- Group image reviews – there will be many reviews together – and you’ll see how you can all go to the same places and yet create completely unique images. Great stuff!
- Daily photo walks
- Immersive photo-walks and practical workshops
- Spend time with a group of like-minded photographers, sharing inspiration, feedback and working together to improve skills
- Opportunity to develop a stunning portfolio of photographs
- Regular Q&A and group discussion in a supportive environment
- Travel, cityscape, seascape, street, architecture, and people photography
- Professional photographer
- Photo walks & discussions
- Small group size (4 – 8 guests)
- 4 star hotel
- Welcome lunch and farewell dinner
- Local transportation
- Palermo international airport is well served by many major airlines.
We love to find boutique hotels with an artistic, unique style as well as excellent service. We choose hotels in the 4 star category, and aim for excellent, warm local service.