December 2nd – 6th 2020
5 days / 4 nights
Small group – maximum 4 participants
Accommodation in local guest house 200m from the beach
Welcome dinner & farewell lunch
Private transport within Spain
Artist led approach to photography
Introduction To Photography with Anthony Epes
Learn how to move from auto settings to manual on this transformative photography course
Travel, cityscape, seascape, street, architecture, and people photography
ANDALUCIA Beginners workshop
Join me for an unforgettable creative journey in Spain. This four-day masterclass is ideal for budding photographers who want to master the basics of shooting on manual – before putting their skills to the test.
Through a mixture of in-studio instruction and practical photography field trips, the course will teach you everything from how to use a light meter, to how to read a histogram and use shutter speed to best effect.
We will be based in the quiet beach town of La Herradura where I live, which is located an hour east of Malaga and an hour south of Granada. This will be where we do our studio learning and getting to grips with the essential technical basics.
We will then progress to shooting further afield for a series of scenic photo-walks around the mountain villages, stunning coast and beautiful cities of Andalucia.
You will receive constructive feedback on your work and with me as your guide, we will explore my favourite local spots while capturing pictures on your DSLR camera.
The content of the course will be tailored to the experience and interests of members of the group, ensuring every attendee receives a personalised experience and progresses as a photographer.
You’ll leave the course not only with new technical abilities, but an enriched appreciation of the world around you and the confidence to capture it in images.
This course is for you if…
- You’re an amateur or inexperienced photographer who wants to improve your ability to take good pictures
- You have a new DSLR and want to learn how to get the most out of it
- You have a passion for photography and own a DSLR, but want to gain technical confidence and experience
- You love taking photographs and want to take part in an immersive learning experience with like-minded people
This hands-on workshop is designed to introduce amateur photographers to professional-standard camera functions and photographic techniques.
The course mixes in-studio instruction with practical exercises, including scenic photo-walks in the villages, coastline and countryside of Andalucia.
The course includes:
- Understanding the light meter
- Choosing an ISO, and how it affects image quality
- Why the histogram is the photographers best friend
- Shutter speed: how to use it for freezing and motion blur
- Aperture: how to use it for subject isolation and sharper images
- An introduction to White Balance
- Understanding the how and why of composition
- Deciding what is important in your image
- Creative composition: framing, patterns, symmetry, texture, balancing elements, and how to use the ‘rule of thirds’
- How to process and edit your pictures
- Group image review: receive tailored feedback on your images and ideas for your future development
- Personal feedback and advice from me for all participants
- Spend time with a group of like-minded photographers, sharing inspiration, feedback and working together to improve skills
- Opportunity to develop a stunning portfolio of photographs
- Regular Q&A and group discussion in a supportive environment
- £1,997 per person (approx. $2,497 US / 2,252 Euros)
Please check current exchange rates with your bank.
Partners are welcome to join, please contact us for more details.
Experience | Difficulty
- Beginner, amateur and hobbiest photographers
- DSLR, mirrorless, compact cameras
- Busy schedule
- Some free time allotted
- Moderate amount of walking, light hiking, elevation changes
Weather | Sun times
February – Temps 61F/18C average Sunrise 08.12 | Sunset 17.58
- Single room (double rooms are also available for couples)
- 4 nights accommodation at a local guest house
- All breakfasts and a welcome dinner and farewell lunch at our favourite local spots
- Transfer from central Malaga and back to Malaga airport on the final day
- Local trips and transport
- Photography workshop fee
Price does not include – Travel to Spain, travel insurance, meals not mentioned or alcoholic drinks.
Malaga airport is well served internationally.
The group will be staying an excellent local guest house located less than 200 metres from the beach.