The Artists Way: Lightroom techniques

Hey there everyone,

I hope life is good and your start to 2016 has been awesome. So I’ve made another Lightroom techniques video! I’m so excited. My approach for these videos is to take one image show you how I took it from nice to wow! I am using my artistic eye here – I am not adhering to all of the tech-rules – like I do not care if I blow out all my blacks. For me it’s not the ‘rules’ that are important, my vision for the image is way more important.

I got tonnes of amazing feedback from my first video – thank you! One big point for many people was that I was rushing too much. So this video is longer and has fuller explanations of what I’m doing. Again I would love to know what you think. Please comment below or email me. The more I know what you want the more I can create videos and articles to help you.

In this video I take this image from this:

Crane over Pond - Before

To this:

Crane over Pond-After

The video is packed with tips and suggestions that will help you develop advanced skills with Lightroom. I love processing my images – it’s super fun, so I hope you enjoy

Let me know if you have any questions or requests or thoughts – it’s great to hear from you.

Happy processing!

Anthony

Sign up to my weekly blog of photo inspiration

... and receive my free 14 day ecourse on how to become a more creative photographer. Packed with simple & powerful ideas to transform your photography.

We will not spam you or share your info.
Sign up to my weekly blog of photo inspiration

We will not spam you or share your info.

Comments

10 Comments on "The Artists Way: Lightroom techniques"

1. Kate says:

Thank you for this. It is great to hear the narrative of how you made decisions. I learned a lot about using lightroom, even though I have been messing with it for almost a year now.

2. Donna Roberge says:

Thanks for the video, it’s good to see someone else’s processes in Lightroom.

3. Anthony Epes says:

You are welcome Donna. I really enjoy making them. Just need to create a “system” now to help speed things up.

4. Anthony Epes says:

Hi Kate
    Thank you for your support. It really motivates me!

5. Jim Watts says:

Really appreciated the article it was great.

I found my copy of lightroom was a little dated, so will now need to join the crowd.

perhaps something I should have done some time ago.

6. Anthony Epes says:

Upgrading Lightroom is well worth it. Lots of new features and better yet – a more efficient engine. Whats not to love!
    Thank you for your comment. Keep it up!

7. Anthony Epes says:

Thank you Donna!

8. Anthony Epes says:

Thank you Kate! I will make more soon on how to approach Lightroom as a creative individual.

9. Kevin says:

I really enjoyed your video. Your stream of consciousness style of editing strikes me as a more real, seat of your pants method, something like I do. The second video had some blackouts. I’m not sure what’s going on with that. I’m enjoying your lessons. Keep up the good work.

10. Anthony Epes says:

Hi Kevin
    Thanks for the comment. I tried scripting but could never stick to it, that’s not how I create stuff in my workflow. Glad you like the “formula”! More to come soon. Anything in particular you want to see in the future?

Here's your chance to leave a comment!

HTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>